Congratulations to c3: Center for Conscious Creativity: www.consciouscreativity.org, nominated by a Chocolate Lover like you!
Here’s what Kate has to say about this fearless organization:
“The c3 has worked tirelessly for 10 years as a volunteer based 501c3 to bring ‘conscious creativity’ to the Los Angeles creative community. We support artists and mediamakers/content creators working to make a better world through the stories they tell, the art they create and through education for maintaining their own wellbeing. We have supported a youth program called Mythic Challenges whereby young high school filmmakers collaborated with students in Afghanistan to create films addressing 15 global challenges and solutions. We would like to support more projects like this and to do so we need financial support. thank you for this great program!”
A little more info:
‘Creating a better future through arts, media and entertainment…’
The c3: Center for Conscious Creativity is a 501(c)(3) non profit arts and interdisciplinary research, education and project development organization founded in 2004 to provide artists, media makers, content creators, and other interested individuals, a platform and resources to create projects and explore how consciousness, creativity, storytelling, and traditional and emerging entertainment and communication technologies, can help create a better world.
The organization has evolved and is now in a stage of new growth emerging as a global organization in partnership with a global futurist think tank, The Millennium Project, to advance their Global Arts and Media Node.
The c3 focuses on the study of future trends in arts, media and entertainment, as well as story, creativity, consciousness and the synergy between the two — resulting in the transformative power of creativity for the individual, culture and society.
c3′s focus is on:
- The use of arts, media, storytelling, creativity and transmedia strategy design to add in the creation of a better world and future for humanity.
- Expanding research and understanding of creativity, consciousness studies and the merger of the two.
- Researching and reporting on future trends in the arts, media and entertainment fields.
- Advocating information and resources to the creative community from the work of The Millennium Project and the 15 Global Challenges and Solutions addressed in their publication the STATE OF THE FUTURE report.
- Educating and supporting the creative community, individuals and institutions aligned with the mission of c3 and mentoring and educating youth.
- Supporting the creation of media and arts projects that reflect the mission of c3 with current emphasis on 360 immersive arts and media projects.
- Establishing and supporting cross-disciplinary collaboration and networking with other like-minded organizations and individuals.
- Providing individuals with resources to optomize their creativity, activate their unique “genius” and achieve their highest potential as creators through exploring and developing alternative “inner practices.”
- Educating the public on conscious creativity and the power of communication, arts and media to transform.”