It’s the next 2013 Changemaker Nomination suggested by a chocolate lover like you!
Congratulations to Tashmica Torok, The Firecracker Foundation: thefirecrackerfoundation.org
Here’s what Melissa has to say about this fearless individual:
“I have recently come in contact with the most amazing foundation headed up by one fearless woman. Her name is Tashmica Torok and she has started The Firecracker Foundation, dedicated to honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma with a community invested in the healing of their whole being. Through mentoring, yoga, art, and community; Tashmica is finding ways to help heal and encourage people of all ages who have been victimized as children. She is one fearless Changemaker!”
A little more info:
“Mission Statement: Honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma with a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
- We believe in the healing power of quality therapy that is rooted in consistency, faithfulness and deep trust.
- We believe in fostering a community committed to learning how to protect their children and sharing that knowledge with others.
- We believe that delving into the arts can provide a healing outlet that supports the work done in therapy.
- We believe that physical exercise helps children reconnect their hearts to their body while building confidence in their abilities.
- We believe that through the collaboration of our community resources, we can provide families with the resources they need to break the cycle of abuse in our generation.
- We believe that the adult survivors in our community are uniquely qualified to mentor, serve and advocate for children on their path to healing.”